POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Happy Birthday Ken! (~118kau) : Re: Happy Birthday Ken! (~118kau) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:15:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy Birthday Ken! (~118kau)
From: TonyB
Date: 21 Apr 2000 19:26:57
Message: <3900e3c1@news.povray.org>
>Thank you for the tribute Tony.

Hey, np. You've been really nice to me and everybody else here on the group,
so you deserve it. :) As a matter of fact, your name is my password on the
computers at FSU.

>I see a lot of improvement here even though I think
>it is just a tad bit too dark, overall. I look forward to
>seeing how you improve upon it.

I was kinda hoping that this was the last version (at least for a good
while) of the "clean" version of the hallway. Unfortunately, it didn't turn
out quite like I wanted it to. The lights didn't glow in the media the way I
wanted them to. I guess I just made it too clear. I also wanted the sign on
the left to be more readable. The top says "Laboratory", and the bottom says
"Elevator". I forgot to add something else I was thinking of: an LCD panel
to the right of the door that says something about the experiment in the
lab. I was going to make you the experiment. You know, the scientists
creating Ken, the first AI being. Oh well, I guess I'll add it some time in
the future. This thing took too long to render (2d 13h 49m 23s), and I don't
have the patience to go through such a long time without a computer again.

What I would like to request now of everybody, is if you can come up with
some better textures for this. I would really appreciate it. (Not just
suggestions, but actual code.) Many, many thanks in advance to everyone.